Mantrams - Working with Sound
“Mantrams are collection of phrases, words and sounds
which by virtue of rhythmic effect
achieve results that would not be
possible apart from them.”
- Master Djwhal Khul, Letters on Occult Meditation
Mantrams protect, they invoke devas, they help dissipating glamour, they give entry into the Occult Kingdom, they discipline and transform, they help in works of goodwill to rebuild the society in tune with the Law. They produce and spread a field of Light around the practising groups. They insulate against the impact of negative forces.
Mantrams are rhythmic. Their rhythm is in complete tune with the 7th Ray and therefore they bring in rhythm to the student. Mantrams enable intercourse with the Deva Kingdom. Mantric practice also empowers the student to accomplish much with much less speech. It eliminates the need of speech substantially.
Intonation of Mantrams
For working with mantrams, it is very important to use the right intonation. Here you can listen to MP3-files of the mantrams explained in the book on Mantrams.
Sample Mantram: A U M
AUM as a triple sound is the TRINITY
” A ” stands for FATHER
” U ” stands for SON
” M ” stands for MOTHER
- OM has no number, for all numbers come from It. It is the basis for all numbers. It has no colour as It is the basis for all colours.
- Likewise OM has no symbol, as all symbols emerge from It. Each one of us is a symbol of OM.
- OM can be invoked from above downwards, from below upwards, within to without and vice-versa. Each one of us is in OM and OM is in us.
- OM can be uttered at all times. Preferably in the dawn and dusk hours. Invoke It in the Heart Centre or in the Brow Centre.
- Perceive OM in you, around you and as you. Fill your being with OM and be OM.
- OM as twin sound is Spirit-Matter, representing their inseparability at all planes, in all states of existence.
- OM as solitary sound represents the essential unity of all in Existence.
- OM is the basis of Sound and is the Soundless-sound, Anahata. It is Eternity.
- When OM ceases to be uttered, the world comes to its end -meaning, the world recedes from manifestation into potentials.
- OM is uttered and unuttered alternately in periodicity at every plane of existence.
- OM is the Thread of Life that holds all together.
- Utter OM with interest, follow the sound to trace its source. You can reach the unuttered sound.
- OM is not an utterance but is a happening - utterance itself is based on OM.
- Realise OM in you as yourself - you are verily no other than OM.
- Utter OM regularly, 3, 5, 7 or 21 times. It reorganises your patterns to align with the natural patterns.
- Utter OM and listen to It. Listen to It even after utterance! Listening leads and merges into OM. OM remains.
- OM is the Letter beyond the letters of the alphabet of this Universe. All wisdom is the import of this word, OM. It is the Veda of the Vedic Books. It is the essence of the Scriptures.
- Think yourself as OM. Know OM as “I AM”. Withdraw all your activity into yourself as OM. You stand beyond all creation as “I AM”.